ProTrail is a Windows/DOS tool I created to automate Creo Parametric tasks on local files like:
How to use it
The tool must be run from a DOS prompt and is configured via commandline options.
- Download it and put it in a folder which is in your path variable (e.g. c:\WINDOWS).
- Open a DOS prompt (Start -> Run -> CMD) and run the script.
start it first with ProTrail -h to get the help.
It’s not an easy tool to use becuase it does not have a UI. It was developed for my own use with the option to share it with other Creo users.
If you’re keen on automating Pro/E tasks this is one of the many tools which can help you with it.
The program creates a Creo Parametric trailfile which performs specified actions on the objects found.
It has been used since Pro/E R2001 and is now being used with Creo 4.0.
Show the help screen.
ProTrail -e iges -asm -dontrun
Export iges file for all assemblies; only create the trailfile (don’t run it).
ProTrail -p "Ghost pdf" -drw
Print all drawings using you Ghost pdf print command.
ProTrail -verify -famtab -prt -foreground
Verify and Save FamilyTable for every generic part and run in the foreground.
- etc. ….
- ProTrail.zip (v7.63)
- 20200619: v7.63 olafc Now checking if SimpRepName was found in the trail.txt file. Gives WARNING if not.
- 20200605: v7.62 olafc Added -dppvz. Fixed ProfileOpt: now only selecting if a name is given.
- 20200424: v7.61 olafc Fixed -pdfnosearchtext, -pdfnohyperl, -pdfstroketext options. Added -pdfsinglesheet
- 20200109: v7.60 [internal Fico changes]
- 20191121: v7.5 olafc: Added ProfileOpt and ProfileName for option -profile
- 20190412: v7.4 olafc: Added 2 options to ilinkconfig to prevent java script errors. Removed config option efx_enabled. (not yet compiled or saved)
- 20190110: v7.3 olafc: Disabled EFX and AFX with ilinkconfig
- 20190110: v7.2 olafc: Changed open_rep command in DrwNoViewRep section.
- 20181115: v7.1 olafc: Added -xvl option. Added in Creo 4 to select the Render customize option when exporting.
- 20181023: v7.0 olafc: Major improvements in determining Sheetsizes and number of sheets. Tested with Creo2, Creo4 and Creo5.
- Added support for Creo5.
- 20181019: v6.67 olafc: [internal Fico changes] More debug info with SheetSize determination.
- 20181018: v6.66 olafc: Starting implementing Creo4
- 20181012: v6.65 olafc: Added -startup option.
- 20180928: v6.64 olafc: Added startup_check_for_visualization no to ilink config.pro
- 20180514: v6.63 olafc: “cannot find” “drw” check is now case insensitve.
- 20180223: v6.62 olafc: Included StepSolid option in wDrwPrtStep and wDrwAsmStep functions.
- StepSolid now also disables Annotations.
- 20180112: v6.61 olafc: Added -stepsolid option.
- 20170823: v6.60 olafc: Fixed Backup warning OK message. Added -outfile. Added -nogencheck
- 20170222: v6.59 olafc: [internal Fico changes]
- 20160513: v6.58 olafc: Added regen_failure_handling resolve_mode
- 20160510: v6.57 olafc: Added 15 storage conflicts ok’s when saving to ENF
- 20160228: v6.56 olafc: Added -accel option
- 20160209: v6.55 olafc: [internal Fico changes]
- 20160203: v6.54 olafc: Added -sheets option.
- 20160203: v6.53 olafc: Added -redirect option
- 20160202: v6.52 olafc: Added timestamps to STEP and PVZ exports
- 20160201: v6.51 olafc: Added -dastep
- 20160128: v6.50 olafc: Added -dapvz
- 20160126: v6.49 olafc: Added -dpstep
- 20160111: v6.48 olafc: Now first opening the master and then switch to SimpRep.
- 20160111: v6.47 olafc: Added output when opening simprep.
- Added open_simplified_rep_by_default yes to config.pro if opening simprep.
- Added open instance to open model of instance is asked.
- 20151014: v6.46 olafc: Added OpenSimpRep. Default is now Creo 2.0
- 20151009: v6.45 olafc: [internal Fico changes]
- 20150818: v6.44 olafc: Added StepOpt to add datum_curves selection during export.
- 20150610: v6.43 olafc: Added \n after ~ Activate
Close_PushButtonin wProdConf function
- 20150206: v6.42 olafc: Fixed setting Environment back to shaded.
- 20150204: v6.41 olafc: For Creo switching between EnvNoHidden and EnvShade fixed.
- 20141208: v6.40 olafc: Added ~ Activate
Close_PushButtonto SaveAs option.
- Also added config option regen_solid_before_save no to ilink config.pro file.
- 20141208: v6.39 olafc: Added #CURRENT VALS to SaveAs option (in case regenerate on Save is turned on)
- 20141128: v6.38 olafc: [internal Fico changes]
- 20141107: v6.37 olafc: Exit now runs ~ Command
ProCmdExit. Save as now runs: ~ Command
- ~ Activate
Windows.psh_win_closereplaced by ~ Command
- Created _Creo print alternatives.
- 20140828: v6.36 olafc: Added OK for error message about not able to open pre-2000i rep
- 20140801: v6.35 olafc: File open is now cmd.
- 20140801: v6.34 olafc: ProCmd is now run with brackets.
- 20140415: v6.33 olafc: Added 3DPDF export. Fixed Productview export is now db_1102.
- 20130528: v6.32 olafc: Added NO! after STL export to go past a specific question
- 20130312: v6.31 olafc: Added “cannot find” with “.drw” to error reporting.
- 20130312: v6.30 olafc: Added “regeneration failed. Select option from menu.” to error reporting
- 20121209: v6.29 olafc: Added “failed” and “could not” to error reporting
- 20120112: v6.28 olafc: Added -nodrwcheck
- 20110825: v6.27 olafc: Added -noerrors
- 20110421: v6.25 olafc: Added -erase to the help as well.
- 20110420: v6.24 olafc: Added -erase option
- 20110405: v6.23 olafc: Added wc intralink error click away.
- 20110203: v6.22 olafc: Changed all dir’s from /o-n to /on. Order was always highest number at the top.
- 20110124: v6.21 olafc: Added CURRENT VALS after regen
- 20110111: v6.20 olafc: Added save_instance_accelerator always to 3dexpconf
Unable to triangulate now also gives an error message
- 20101112: v6.19 olafc: now not importing Windchill parameters with -parimp (PTC_WM, PTC_ORG)
- 20101028: v6.18 olafc: -stl options now also used for -e render. Added -e render to help.
-stl options now don’t automatically set -e stl.
Removed spincenter command from special exports (controlled via config.pro)
- 20100914: v6.17 olafc: [internal Fico changes]
- 20100906: v6.16 olafc: Added support to recognize WF5 models.
- 20100826: v6.15 olafc: Added Exp3DConfigPro to export all levels of step and iges files. Model now set for Unknown objects.
- 20100818: v6.14 olafc: Added setting to current working dir when exporting parameter info file.
Added Open Rep command after opening a file.
Now also a trailfile error when exporting and No object was copied is found.
- 20100817: v6.13 olafc: Added -noopenerr. Added -unknown.
- 20100816: v6.12 olafc: Added Generic Postscript at the printer selection function to prevent hanging ProE when the
default MS printer is set to a device which needs a filename (e.g. pdf or xps)
- 20100708: v6.11 olafc: Ilink config.pro now has “compress_output_files NO” added
- 20100622: v6.10 olafc: Added ~ Activate `storage_conflicts` `Resol1` to force it to Continue instead of Check Out.
- 20100608: v6.9 olafc: DM_CHECKOUT_ON_THE_FLY added to config.pro.
Now telling that we’re creating an Ilink9.1 config.pro.
- 20100429: v6.8 olafc: Added -ilinkconf option.
- 20100426: v6.7 olafc: Added -backup option.
- 20100412: v6.6 olafc: Special config.pro now uses shaded display. Changed wirh->with.
- 20100403: v6.5 olafc: [internal Fico changes]
- 20100403: v6.4 olafc: DXF’s and DWG’s now created with NoHidden environment and PDF’s in Shaded.
- 20100401: v6.3 olafc: Added -drwnoview and -drwdispstat options
- 20100329: v6.2 olafc: Added 2 lines to close meesage window for erronous toolkit applications: fputs(“~ Activate `UI Message Dialog` `ok`\n”,fp1);
- 20100325: v6.1 olafc: Added VerSet.
- 20100317: v6.0 olafc: Started implementing stuff for Windchill. Added option -o to just open a model without looking for local presence
To support -o option alos changed the “Select filename” to “Update filename” when opening models.
Added -graphics option (the same as -foreground)
- 20100311: v5.68 olafc: Added -minfo option. If inputfile consists of models with no 2nd ext then also check for models with .1 ext if nothing is found.
- 20100105: v5.67 olafc: [internal Fico changes]
- 20091201: v5.66 olafc: [internal Fico changes]
- 20091201: v5.65 olafc: [internal Fico changes]
- 20091013: v5.64 olafc: Removed MODEL_TREE_START NO from config.pro
- 20091007: v5.63 olafc: Added -parimp option (to create parameters from parameter file)
- 20091007: v5.62 olafc: [internal Fico changes]
- 20090729: v5.61 olafc: [internal Fico changes]
- 20090419: v5.60 olafc: WF4 is now the default
- 20090405: v5.50 olafc: Explode options now more robust. Fixed WF4 assign material.
Now skipping non generics when performing Family Table tasks
Fixed import function.
- 20090324: v5.46 olafc: Added “Resolve the failures first” to error check
- 20081020: v5.44 olafc: Crash when -dep or -chkvers was run
- 20081003: v5.43 olafc: Added -prodconf
- 20081003: v5.42 olafc: Added -path option
- 20080911: v5.41 olafc: Fixed -i option when file had spaces in them. seps -> sepsp.
Also changed CreateDirList && ! CreateDirList to ! CreateDirList.
- 20080902: v5.40 Started implementing Wildfire4. Added pdf options.
- 20080528: v5.32 Added -local option to use local drwfiles, but open them from the workspace (should be used together with ilink or ws option)
- 20080520: v5.31 Changed last lines of trail file to 15. Added ERROR: to “Failed to regenerate component placement” error.
- 20070817: v5.30 If no sheets are found in a drawing it will assume there is at least one.
Added note to help about not storing your files compressed
- 20070420: v5.29 Added -parexp and -parwu option
- 20070419: v5.28 Added -trail option
- 20070417: v5.27 Added -chkvers option
- 20070411: v5.26 Fixed reading header of PTC files.
- 20070405: v5.25 Fixed checking PTC files (fileversion, sheetnumbers, etc.)
- 20060922: v5.23 Fixed crash when running -i option.
- 20060831: v5.22 Added -singlesheet option
- 20060823: v5.21 Upgraded -blank option to Wildfire. Added WF2 error with -e pdf.
- 20060822: v5.20 Added -i option.
- 20060821: v5.19 Added -workdir option.
- 20060627: v5.17 TrailDir now uses %TEMP% variable if it exists.
- 20060616: v5.15 Added -massprop option. Added wildfire3 option.
- 20060523: v5.14 Commented FREEZE_FAILED_ASSY_COMP YES, since it made certain parts change explode position.
- 20060301: v5.9 WF2 cmd for Workspace version changed from proewildfire2l to proe1
- 20060221: v5.8 Changed -e pdf, -e stl, -stl chord and -stl angle option.
- 20060217: v5.7 First released version